The Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation of USA recognizes that exposure is the key to truly understanding the social, cultural, economic, and educational development that is essential for the rural sector in India. Therefore, Ekal Vidyalaya has begun an internship program called Ekal India Internship (EII) Program for 2015-2016.
The purpose of the EII program is to provide college-age adults with the opportunity to engage and participate in providing learning and skill development support to the families in rural India, and at the same time help them gain an understanding of the social, cultural, economic, educational and environmental nuances of the rural region.
The EII program consists of two separate internships, each lasting 10 days in the region of Karanjo. The first internship will take place from December 13th to December 23rd, and will focus on providing support to the nutritional gardening project.
The second internship will be from January 3rd to January 13th, and these students will be working on the Skill Development and Vocational Training Program for both genders. This program incorporates high school age children and young adults, adults seeking to learn skills in arts, crafts, and the occupational sector, and trainers, teachers, and local leaders.
The following outlines the requirements for an intern participating in the EII Program:
1. Daily recap, feedback, and journaling of the day's activities
2. Group participation and person-to-person interaction
3. Respectful treatment of local customs, culture, languages, manners, and gender norms
4. A commitment and willingness to go into the villages and interact with the rural lifestyle for the entire duration of the project
5. A Project Completion Report to the Program Committee (final report due 3 weeks after the end of the program)
6. Upon successful completion of the program, Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation will provide a completion certificate to the intern and to the College Faculty, if so desired
7. Program specifics pertaining to travel, stay, logistics, etc. as provided in the form below
Through this program, Ekal Vidyalaya hopes to create both a memorable and personally rewarding experience that will allow each intern to appreciate and partake in this cultural and educational exchange, and fulfill the desire to assist those that are in need of help and personal support.
For further information, please email Hptampico@gmail.com or call 815-441-0559