Job opening for Zonal Director for West Coast, Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation of USA
The Job: Enhance the presence and increase support for Ekal Vidyalaya in the West Coast of USA, with a particular focus on the Northern California, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City. Potential candidate preferred from Greater San Francisco Area/Silicon Valley Area.
Reports to: The President.
- Fund Raising and Development: Raise funds for EKAL Schools and other activities from the west coast of the USA to sustain and grow EVFUSA’s work. Some of the activities would include, but not be limited to, identifying, cultivating and leveraging institutional, corporate and high net worth donors.
- Event Organization: Working with Regional and Chapters Presidents, support the west coast chapters in organizing fundraising events in California. Lead marketing and brand Awareness events.
- Communication and Media Relations: Develop presentations targeted to corporations, high net worth individuals, general donors; develop elevator pitch for our work; develop training videos focused on West Coast region/ chapter needs.
- Chapter Relations: Actively engage with the chapters in the West Coast areas and identify new opportunities for fundraising or new chapters to be set up.
- Previous experience working with an NGO, preferably with an India focused NGO.
- Have demonstrated ability to raise significant funds from various sources.
- Executive presence, self-starter with proven leadership qualities
- Be passionate about education, helping the needy in general and Ekal’s goals in particular
- Be sensitive to and knowledgeable about the cultural nuances of the Indian American community and preferably knowledge of a major Indian language along with English.
- Ability to work hard, think strategically, solve problems and work with people across regions and time-zones
- Possess excellent organizing, networking and communications skills.
- Be very computer literate in all MS Office applications including Excel and PPT
- A bachelor’s degree with fair amount of project and people management experience. Post-graduate qualifications in management will be a distinct plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Send your resumes to Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation of USA at
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No: 281-668-5251
Contact No: 1-855-EKAL-USA, 281-668-5982